Friday, May 15, 2015

Review of Clancy's Cinnamon Churros

You got hand it to Aldi, that store is good for bringing out seasonal products that are amazingly tasty and satisfying, only to learn such items are deemed seasonal and nothing more than a tease. I recently picked up a seasonal promotion bag of the Clancy’s Cinnamon Churros twists. The bag was surprisingly under one dollar! The choice to throw this bag into my cart was easy as I am a huge fan of getting my churro fix at White Sox games and at the Costco food court. (I have not even tried the churro breakfast cereal as of yet).
The Clancy’s snack brand has not really ever disappointed when it comes to getting a chip side kick for sandwiches or just getting some tortilla chips for dipping, so I figured to give the churro chips a fair shake.

The churro twists are sold in thin plastic bright red bag with contents weighing in at a mere three ounces. Due to the solid colored packaging, there is no way of getting a sneak peak of this snack by observing the chips beforehand. 


Taste of Clancy’s Churro Twists

Upon opening the bag, I noticed each chip resembles a small pretzel braid but a heck of a lot lighter and puffy. No wonder the entire contents weigh in at a paltry 3 ounces! The crunch is definitely audible. A thief in the night would not stand a chance of taking a few of these in the middle of the night without getting revealed. The crunch factor is times 10.
Flavor of the cinnamon sugar coating of each twist is pure churro-gasmic. Why, why, why Clancy’s can’t produce these churro twists on a regular basis is beyond me.

The price for a bag of Clancy’s Cinnamon Churro Crispy Sweet twists was a mere eighty nine cents at my local store. For the next “Churro season”, I may have to buy a pallet of these from the local Aldi just to stay ahead of the curve


I definitely recommend Clancy’s Cinnamon Churros Crispy Twists a strong purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment