Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Review of Meijer Gold Kona Coffee


So my usual preferred choice of house coffee is the Dunkin Donuts original blend/roast coffee. I usually buy the enormous bag at Costco for about eighteen bucks. This is my favorite brand of coffee by far whether I am brewing it at home or hitting the drive through for a quick java.
When I do not have Dunkin Donuts coffee I usually go with a Maxwell house brand or try something different. Recently I decided to go with the Meijer brand Kona blend that was on sale for $4.99 for a twelve ounce package. The coffee was already ground and was packaged neatly in dark blue with the typical Meijer Gold script. My impulse to purchase this was driven by my overall good experiences with many Meijer brand products, so I decided to roll the dice with their Kona coffee.
The pleasant aroma produced by this first batch of coffee was supported by a quality taste. I was impressed by the slight Kona nutty yet refreshing flavor of this brew.  While it is not as good quality as Dunkin Donuts, this coffee fared much better than Maxwell House, Folgers, and the other mainstream coffee companies at a lower price.

No comments:

Post a Comment